Caring for you safely at home during COVID
We know the ongoing situation with COVID-19 continues to be a worrying time for most but in particular the elderly and people living with dementia.
Our priority is always the safety of those we care and support and therefore we wanted to provide some reassurance to you about the measures we’re taking to protect our clients and Caregivers at this time to enable us to ‘work safely in your home’
- We are keeping fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK.
- We are following the Government guidance on delivering home care set by Public Health England. This ensures we are taking all the necessary steps to minimise the risk of spreading the illness whilst providing a vital service to clients so they can remain safe and well at home.
- All our Caregivers received comprehensive training in infection control and are strictly following guidance in relation to; safe working practice, the correct use and removal of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), the importance of good handwashing and sanitisation
- All our Caregivers have access to the appropriate PPE including gloves, aprons, sanitisers and face masks.
- Since the outbreak, the team have completed a COVID-19 Infection Control Awareness Training
- Health checks: we fully understand and follow Government and NHs guidance relating to symptom checks for COVID-19. All our team complete a report on their health and declare any symptoms on a daily basis.
- We contact our clients before each visit to ascertain their health and if showing any symptoms. During visits our Caregivers will use sanitisers on areas frequently touched including light switches and door handles. Upon leaving they will wash or sanitise their hands and clean door hands in line with guidance.
- When visiting new clients to consult or assess needs we will do so without compromising your safety by wearing the correct Personal Protective Equipment and maintaining the required social distancing.
- On arrival we will wash or sanitise our hands and be mindful not to touch surfaces guiding through the care process in open and friendly manner.
If you have any concerns about your health, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We would love to hear from you
If you or a loved one would like to know more about dementia advice or support, please don't hesitate to contact us. You don't have to travel this journey alone.